Last Update: Reissued with updates to health information.
Exercise normal precautions in Vietnam.
Read the country information page for additional information on travel to Vietnam.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has determined Vietnam has an unknown level of COVID-19. Visit the CDC page for the latest Travel Health Information related to your travel.
If you decide to travel to Vietnam:
- Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before planning any international travel, and read the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for country-specific COVID-19 information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Country Security Report for Vietnam.
- Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.